Thursday 28 May 2009

Modern Warfare 2 [2/2]

Ok, now all the trailers are out of the way, and your all hyped up ( I hope), let's continue.

Looking at the trailer I can see straight away it looks to be more action packed than the last, most of whihc was sneaky missions behind enemy lines as the SAS. Now we seem to be part of a Counter Terrorism unit and are intent on getting rid of the old bad guy's right hand man. Again, a little cliched if you ask me.

However looking at the trailer again, I can see vehicle gameplay will be there, and it looks like we can shoot whilst driving! Look closely as the snowmobile is driving, and you'll see his gun come up and fire! I'm all happy just about that.

It seems like som rather large battles are in store, the mountains and Brazil seem to be quite large and contain lots of fighting, the mountains of Russian also has the most brutal scene, where a man on a snowmobile is impaled through the skull, with an ice axe! I don't know if this is a set piece where an NPC does it, or it's one of your guys driving, either way it looks awesome.

It would seem someone's being interrogated too, he's wearing orange and I think he has explosives strapped to him-someone important? So far it seems the game is shaping up well, but I don't know whether it will be any different graphically to COD 4. I know that in HD COD 4 was easily the best looking shooter I had.

From information gleamed form interviews and Wikipedia, I've found that the story involves the character you played as in the last game one "Soap" MacTavish-who is now leader of a unit created to birng down one Vladimir Makarov. The name of this unit: Task Force 141.

I'm sure that a demo or some more trailers will become evident soon, and I'm excited-I know the switch to Modern War was strange for some and hated by others, but WAW showed me Treyarch are out of ideas, and if they can only copy Infinity Ward now-then let them do all the COD games I say.

As a parting shot, here's the Xbox case, which is awesome. However it isn't final.

File:Modern Warfare 2 temp cover.PNG

Remember, remember-the 11th of November.


No comments:

Post a Comment